Sunday, October 27, 2013

What to do when the world hands you lemons? - just call me juice boy.

Well in this case -  limes...

Earlier I mentioned that we had 2 lime trees outside the main house at Ravenala. What I didn't realize is that the limes would be ripening while we were here. When the limes are on the tree, they are green, but turn yellow when ripe.

You do not need to pick them as they simply fall of the tree during the wind, rain, or just age of ripeness. Simply pick them up, put them in a bucket and have at it. Every couple of days I get a bucketful -- about 50-60+ limes. A couple of times I just pushed the tree and a bunch fell off.


Cut in half



Squeeze -- I likely would have only done this once if there wasn't a juicer.




 Find a container and fill










No comments:

Post a Comment